Shakey’s Pizza! It’s not that great, but it’s all-you-can-eat, which makes it awesome. Being a buffet, I thought it was a curious choice for a numbers-driven program like Otameshika which covers the most popular items on a restaurant’s menu. Apparently these are the most popular pizzas eaten at Shakey’s buffets, measured by the “number of people served in one month” which was not fully explained. For items lower than 10th place, no numbers were given.
All items are pizzas unless noted with an asterisk*
1. Pepperoni 61,000 servings in one month
2. Fried Potatoes* (Sliced, not like French Fries) 40,000
3. Chocolate Banana 31,000
4. Corn 30,000
5. Roast Chicken & Pineapple 29,000
6. Double Cheese 28,000
7. Salami 26,000
8. Shrimp & Mayonnaise 25,500
9. Meatsauce Spaghetti* 25,000
10. Tuna & Onion 24,000
14. Mayonnaise & Corn
17. Tuna & Corn
20. Squid, Tuna & Seaweed (Nori)
23. Mentaiko Spaghetti*
26. Custard & Pineapple
29 (out of 30!). Tomato & Fresh Basil
A few thoughts:
- I never touch the non-pizza menu items, but watching the TV people dip pizza into curry made me decide that’s worth trying.
- Considering they are among the most popular pizzas, I have never ever seen numbers 5 or 7. And I almost never see a pure pepperoni pie, usually it’s included with a combination of toppings.
- Maybe it’s regional, but I swear the Osaka Shakey’s puts out Tuna and Corn pizzas (in various incarnations) like nobody’s business. To the point that I have to sit down and wait for normal pizzas.